Help please....LED circuit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild eagle

:idea: Hi, I am in electronics school (on vacation right now) and am trying new circuits, etc. I decided to try something different, so I took 12 LEDs and mounted them into a CD, on the back I have red and black leads soldered onto the respective terminals of the LEDs with enough wire curled to go where needed. I also have a motor and circuit from a small robot car I am going to use to spin another CD in front of this one with holes in it to make a flashing effect. Now, although I am spinning the other CD in front, I would still like to run the LEDs in an alternating or even just a follower sequence, could someone help me with a simple schematic to work with for running the LEDs please. I have enough 555 timers, transistors, etc. (too many oddballs to list....lol), but I do not have a 4017 which was told would be great for this, but was hoping I could keep it simpler? Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions, thanks for taking the time to read/help! ~Kev
P.S. Please give any and all options for components that could be used in any one place, thanks!

Hi Wild Eagle,
You need my "6V Ultra-bright Chaser" project that I have posted here:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/games/004/index.html

I mounted 10 ultra-bright red, blue, green or white LEDs on a CD and a 74HC4017 sequences them. I have them each flash for only a brief moment to save battery power. The sequence goes around and around a few times then pauses before sequencing again. The project includes a sequencing speed control and a brightness control. Here's the schematic:

Attachments

• 6v_led_chaser_schematic.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 541
Here's a pic of my "6V Ultra-bright Chaser" project:

Attachments

• 6v_ultra-bright_chaser_pic3_163.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 460
checkmate said:
Have you heard of propeller clocks? Google for them. They look cool.
Yeah, the one from RadioShack vibrates right off the table it sits on! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…