Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on mobile phone controled switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

hi i need your help on how to switch on devices with mobile phones. Do i need to use one phone as a lab rat? How do i configure it to switch one or more devices. help !

Most mobile phones can be controlled with the standard AT commands. However, finding the connections for the serial link can be difficult.

The easiest thing to do is to buy a phone module made by Telit, sold though Sparkfun and others. They also have data sheets to show you how to control the phones.

what if i use a transistor to switch gnd to buttons i need to push to may be send an sms, turn on the camera, sound recorder, convert the viberator input to switch one devise.I dont know if this will work, I need more idears

I would prefer using standard AT commands to do what you want to achive.

Pushing buttons is a lot of hassle and slow (slower than serial anyways). Most mobile phones support controlling camera through AT commands aswell. Battery level check is also easier that way (which is not possible by using push button method).

You need to find a mobile phone which has serial interface (TX,RX,GND). You just connect it with a microcontroller with level converter such as RS232 in the way.

[MCU] ==== [RS232 Chip] ======= Serial Link =========== [MOBILE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back