Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyUK

Hi,
I am looking for advice on building a wearable tech unit...I'm not technically minded, hence the ask!
I need a unit small approx 50mm x 50mm which can operate bluetooth to a device for music, calls and alerts. The unit needs to feed to a textile control panel on a sleeve, feed a microphone unit in a collar and micro speakers in collar. It needs USB charge and run a lithium ion battery. How/where do I start? Any ideas/help very greatly appreciated :)

Hi, thanks for response....this isn't the answer as both are commercial products in market already. I need to make a unit which can operate the functions listed, so I need to identify all the components, semiconductors etc in order to do the build.

i dont get it, if they exist already why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

is this just for hobby?

It's not reinventing the wheel....it's getting the right wheel to fit. As I said....I'm not a techy, I need to know how to make the 'wheel'. A Bluetooth unit needs firmware, transceivers, stacks, rf aerials, lithium batteries etc etc....I don 't know a) what 'things'...components I need specifically and b) how to put them together to make them do what I need them to do. I sort of need a shopping list. Once I know what to buy, I can source and then look to construct.

I am looking to make a unit which is bespoke to run 'things' in a garment in a specific way. The Bluetooth unit is the starting point. It needs rf, it needs to play music, receive calls from device. It needs to feed a mic, speakers and an led panel for alerts. It needs to be able to hold charge and be a chargeable unit. That's not a collar or galixy gear.

i am only still hearing is a gg with a headphone jack,

since i dont think androids can connect to mulitple usb simultaneously yet, you really need a all in one device, plus what kinda interface? ie what kind of resolution on screen, touchscreen? how advanced is device?

This is a huge project you are taking on, and may take a long time if doing by self.

Instincts recommend you breaking it down a bit, ie
1) design your collar with standard headphone/mic jack, if it doesnt already exist, email samsung to put jack in gg (thats a guesstimate timeframe for both completeions), all i can think is that if you want both colar and screen to be on bluetooth , you will need your designed device with two radios or alike.... I think i read that gg is android os, so that means you can learn droid code for it and make your own apps , while you wait for them to come out with headphone jack

2) also what is the complexity for your screen buttons, regardless, doing your own circuits will mean your own code , plus code on phone to interface with your devices,

3) simply reinventing a BT headset with few extra buttons maybe more feasible for you , but that means cutting out the display, and
you will still need to learn coding, for device, and again maybe for phone depending on complexity

overall i hafta say that if you are on your own with this professionally you will need to throw $$ at it and hire a team. doing self you wont stay ahead of market.

if this is hobby then start with code, by learning how to program phones, you learn how bluetooth and stack/firmware operate and communicate, same with display you choose

from there you have chance of learing cpu power to design with all your peripherals and their limitations/requirements, and then you can do schematics, so you can choose what arrangement is to your liking, this is a new device so nothing will exist, you will need to think it from ground up, for example lets start with identifying what textile control panel and screen you would like to use for your design, rsvp with link

**broken link removed**
--- getting one of these comes with voice command, you may get what your lookin for? again may need extra phone code to do more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back