Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

botak

hi guys...

i am new in doin robotics but i have learn about Microcontroller (PIC18F452) before...currently i have this project about building a robot to collect pellets.

now i have the stepper motor board(consist of L297 & L298), the controller board(using PIC18F452), the H5-55 servo motor and using line tracking sensor(IS471) for my project...

the problem i face is that i do not really noe how to link all this up using C language due to the requirement given...

i have been reading all about the components' datasheet and i somehow or rather understand abit...and also my supervisor told me that the project will be using I2C...

therefore i'm really lost in this project(especially on how do each board communicate with each other) and i hope to have some guidiance from u guys...so if there's anyone who could help me in this project pls post here...

Regards
Botak

botak said:
hi guys...

i am new in doin robotics but i have learn about Microcontroller (PIC18F452) before...currently i have this project about building a robot to collect pellets.

now i have the stepper motor board(consist of L297 & L298), the controller board(using PIC18F452), the H5-55 servo motor and using line tracking sensor(IS471) for my project...

the problem i face is that i do not really noe how to link all this up using C language due to the requirement given...

i have been reading all about the components' datasheet and i somehow or rather understand abit...and also my supervisor told me that the project will be using I2C...

therefore i'm really lost in this project(especially on how do each board communicate with each other) and i hope to have some guidiance from u guys...so if there's anyone who could help me in this project pls post here...

Regards
Botak

I2C is a communications protocol developed by Philips. Google search for it and you can find the details. Likely, your PIC might have I2C ability built in so you will just need to program for it.

First you need to come up with a hardware design that will accomplish what you intend for it to do. All the programming in the world wont solve your problem if the hardware can't do it. Get that all straightened out first. Once you have your hardware defined, you can design your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back