Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I missed the memo about HCl being more deadly than E85. I would tend to handle either of them with equal respect. I suppose enough HCl in the gas tank might generate dangerous amounts of HHO. :rolleyes:

That said, I would think that simply watering (or sugaring) the E85 would have sent a sufficient message. Destroying the fuel system and engine, while I think not deadly, is still retaliation above and beyond.

HCL on the skin can cause severe burns. Maybe I was over reacting about death, but it is still dangerous.

Your PIR output device is probably a triac, so there's a snubber across it. It's likely to be of the order of 0.47 µF in series with about 220 ohms. You loaded the output so that the leakage doesn't trigger your load.

A triac feeding a transformer can be dangerous. It can trigger on half cycles, resulting in DC, damaging the transformer. Fortunately your 60W lamp also resolves this risk.

If you want to avoid this problem in future installations, use only PIRs that state that they can be used with fluorescent lamps. These have circuitry (usually a relay) that has little or no leakage.
I had same problem with my triac based circuit when the load is fluorescent lamps. Incandescent lamps solved it but I replaced it with a relay for making it independent of the load.

e85 ethanol? Worse that will do to use is dry your skin out.
Dip your hand in HCL and you'll have third degree chemical burns in a few seconds.

That is the most irresponsible advice I have ever heard on this forum. HCL is very dangerous, someone could die, and I think such booby traps could land someone in jail on murder charges. This sort of thing is not legal at all.

Trust me I have a long ways to go before this could be considered the most irresponsible information on this website! ;):D

If your stealing whats to say you just happend to grab what looks like a fuel can but was actualy a special mix of something else that was intended to be used asa weed killer or anything else for that matter.

I can walk into the local home supply store and buy a gallon for around $3. 100% legal too!
They have at least 50 to 100 gallons on the shelf at any one time!

I use it all the time. Its not that dangerous. I work with it bare handed with no conserns. I just make sure if I get any on me that I wash it off right away.
Its the best drain cleaner and mineral deposite remover I have ever found! But mostly I use it for metal prep work.

And your stomach is full of HCL too! Are you dead yet? :confused:

tcmtech. You might want to rethink that, the HCL concentration of stomach acid is only .5%
Drinking a 1% solution would give you the worst heart burn you've ever had in your life. Anything over 2% would probably kill you. The stuff you get out of an industrial drum are around 60%.

Last edited:
I agree with SC. But tcm suggested to use it for mixing with fuel. Who's going to drink it I can't understand :D
BTW, stomach is naturally protected and is reconstructible for any damage due to HCL produced. I think it's concentration varies.

Why would you be drinking something that came out of a fuel can in the first place? :confused:

Or out of a jug thats labled corrosive acid? :confused:

I am not using 100% consentrated either. What they sell here is 31.45% HCL. It wont disolve your skin on contact but it is still strong enough to react violently with most metals even while deluted.

I was not looking for trouble with my post. I was just passing along some usefull information about how to permanently stop fuel theft in your area!

Take it or leave it. Its not my fuel thats disapearing! ;)

go tcetech get them pirates

stealing is stealing
we here in the USofA are to easy on common criminals
stealing gas is a common crime. coarse muder is getting more common.
I would think the muractic acid in the gas cans is a great idea.
I bet the teens didn't even get disciplined.
just a stern warning - don't steal, big deal
the problem is the criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizen.
plain and simple
O J is still running around - oh yea hes in prison
they finally convicted Phil Spector after 7 years. about time
I guess a thief is in the right if they get away unscathed.
but shoot em and hope they fall inside the house or elas your axx is rass and the thief's relatives are the lawnmower.

Pirates are easy. Just load up a few old dummy ships with a few crates of high explosives in them and the rest old junk and garbage. let them take the stuff or the whole ship. Easy picking with no resistance.
When they are far enough away just set the explosives off remotely. :eek:

Would you want to keep trying to steal from someone that crazy enough to blow you up with a shipload of garbage? ;)

They are not playing by the rules so why should the victims have to play by them? :confused:

Pirates steal because its a fast and easy profit. As far as I know exploding garbage is high risk and does not have much resale value! :D

As far as the local fuel theft, after word got around about what happened there has been almost no reported fuel theft since!
Even when fuel was over $4 a gallon there were no proven farm thefts I was ever told about!:)

I like the garbage idea

I wonder if the pirates know before hand whats on board the ships they target?
If so perhaps makeup a fake bill of laden then get ready to blast em outta the water.

They probably don't even care what's on the ship, just want the ransom money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back