Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed, Paralleling Inverters

Status
Not open for further replies.

2craig

Hi,
I would like to mirror large commercial multifunction inverter on a small scale.
The link below sums up part of what is being attempted except for the grid tie.

multifunction inverter

I have a Honda eu generator that auto sinks to an existing 110v source. Connecting it to a sine wave inverter of at least 600 peak watts without having to put the smoke back in one of the components is my president goal. One web article suggested starting a low impedance inverter first and then starting the inverter generator, will work. On one of the posts on this site a gentleman mentioned sinking can be done also with electronic relays.

This project will be trying to utilize solar and wind for power sources as much as possible. The combined wattage, low weight, small parasitic load, and a future load shedding control are important considerations. I am using only one 100 amp hour storage battery.

I mentioned this someday / maybe project to my son and he is away at school working on the load shedding part of it for a computer programming assignment.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back