Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed on code implementation=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive tried various methods of trying to receive a byte through the Rx pin of the PIC but all seem to be unable to receive and store it.

A friend of mine also used the same compiler like me (Hi-Tech C) and he faced similar problems as well.. When he switched to assembly language, he was able to achieve it in a matter of a few tries...He said that the Hi-Tech C compiler is unstable and might be the reason why we cant be able to receive the byte..

Im not sure about the extent of truth of that statement...but i seem to be having some doubts regarding the compiler myself
Using MPLAB, there are instances of which when I compile the code on the first try, a build error message is generated but when I hit the compile key again(without modifying anything to the code), the build is successful...

Is it because the compiler is unstable or is it the nature of Hi-Tech C to do so?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back