Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed identifying chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

subsea

Hi
I am trying to identify and locate a replacement chip on a Combi Boiler controller PCB.
I think it may be a Fairchild component but i have had no response from them.!

It is a 4 leg/pin chip with the following markings:

V921Y
f817A

the f is like a lower case italic which makes me think it may be the Fairchild logo??

The board is in a Remeha Avanta 28C ECO combi boiler ( and no, they have not replied either!!! )

Any help really appreciated.
Rgds
Kev

Hi
I am trying to identify and locate a replacement chip on a Combi Boiler controller PCB.
I think it may be a Fairchild component but i have had no response from them.!

It is a 4 leg/pin chip with the following markings:

V921Y
f817A

the f is like a lower case italic which makes me think it may be the Fairchild logo??

The board is in a Remeha Avanta 28C ECO combi boiler ( and no, they have not replied either!!! )

Any help really appreciated.
Rgds
Kev

Sorry, thought I had it there. Korean site claimed it was an optocoupler. Could that be the case?

The English link below doesn't find it.
Is this your part?
817A datasheet, 817A datasheets, 817A datenblatt, 817A manual, 817A data sheets, 817A pdf - ALLDATASHEET.COM

Last edited:
Sorry, thought I had it there. Korean site claimed it was an optocoupler. Could that be the case?

The English link below doesn't find it.
Is this your part?
817A datasheet, 817A datasheets, 817A datenblatt, 817A manual, 817A data sheets, 817A pdf - ALLDATASHEET.COM

it does not look like the part as the chip on the PCB definately has 4 pins/legs. It could be an opto isolator but not 100% sure.
It is on a controller board which is displaying a Fan Error code on the LCD so may be this component is linked into a feedback circuit from the fan!
I was hoping to identify the component and replace it rather than buying a complete PCB incase the component and/or that PCB is not the only faulty item.
thanks for the help anyway

Hi
Just recently had a Baxi boiler not working,turned out to be the Air diaphragm that senses the Fan running was faulty,I thought I had found the problem at first,the micro switch controlled by the diaphragm moved on it's fixing rivets!,superglued the switch in the correct position,
turned out the diaphragm was at fault aswell.
Sorry off topic a bit but may help fix your boiler,faults usually sensors and valves etc more than electronics.
4 pin I.C does sound like an opto isolator/coupler.

Last edited:
Hi
Just recently had a Baxi boiler not working,turned out to be the Air diaphragm that senses the Fan running was faulty,I thought I had found the problem at first,the micro switch controlled by the diaphragm moved on it's fixing rivets!,superglued the switch in the correct position,
turned out the diaphragm was at fault aswell.
Sorry off topic a bit but may help fix your boiler,faults usually sensors and valves etc more than electronics.
4 pin I.C does sound like an opto isolator/coupler.

Cheers Magnetron

Main reason in thinking component was the water track marks and the component itself looks "burned" the biggest problem is not being able to identify manufacturer of part from numbers on back.
I have had a good look around rest of air system and can see no other sensor/feedback unit other than the pcb on the back of the fan motor which has 2 power and 2 "sensor/feedback" lines going to the front panel PCB.

thanks
Kev

Hi Kev
If the I.C is on a PCB near the FAN,it could be a rotation sensor(Hall effect) I.C?
Just looked on web,it is an Opto-coupler

F817A is the number.

Last edited:
No idea mate as the manufacturer is not being helpfull in anyway possibly due to the fact they want to sell a complete PCB !!!!!

It could be an opto isolator which would be my best guess but as it is not on the fan PCB but rather the front pannel controller pcb it is 99% sure not to be a hall effect sensor.

cheers
Kev

Hi Magnatron

can you tell me where you found the info as i scoured many places but none would confirm the item.??

I thought it may be Fairchild but could find no refference to the V921Y designation.

any idea where i could purchase this item???

thanks again
Kev

Description OPTOCOUPLER F817A, OPTOCOUPLER F817A Datasheet search ...
OPTOCOUPLER F817A Equivalent, OPTOCOUPLER F817A Application Notes, OPTOCOUPLER F817A Data Sheet, OPTOCOUPLER F817A component, OPTOCOUPLER F817A Fiche ...
category.alldatasheet.co.kr/index.jsp?...OPTOCOUPLER%20F817A - Cached

This is the site...paypal for datasheet though:)

Description OPTOCOUPLER F817A, OPTOCOUPLER F817A ????? ??, OPTOCOUPLER F817A datasheet, OPTOCOUPLER F817A ?????, OPTOCOUPLER F817A data sheets - ALLDATASHEET.CO.KR

V921Y could be year of manufacture...92?

Last edited:
Hi Norlin

Thats what i could not make out when i found that site, i would be quite happy to pay a few quid for part details as it would likely save me 150 pounds plus for a full PCB!!!

Ah well

thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back