Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed for logic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky

just wondering if any one out thee has any ideas on how to build a sequental timer. I have seen the 10 channel light bulb sequencer on the projects page and that is almost what i need. The only differance is that i would like to slow down the output so that i can control the time from each channel i.e the 10 outputs at a slower rate. i have changed the speed of the 555 timer but this doesnt seem to work. i have though about using a 4027 but i can only get 4 outputs from this any ideas. :?

sequential timer with variable stage delay

This question has come up a few times before in these forums, you may want to look at some earlier threads (like the "hay baler" one) for ideas:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/plc-info.5123/

To get a variable stage delay (using a single timer), you need to vary the timing element using the output from each stage. If the delays are relatively in the same ballpark, you can get away with a common timing cap and just switching in different timing resistors. As others here have pointed out, a small micro is also a good solution for this kind of problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back