help needed for logic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky

just wondering if any one out thee has any ideas on how to build a sequental timer. I have seen the 10 channel light bulb sequencer on the projects page and that is almost what i need. The only differance is that i would like to slow down the output so that i can control the time from each channel i.e the 10 outputs at a slower rate. i have changed the speed of the 555 timer but this doesnt seem to work. i have though about using a 4027 but i can only get 4 outputs from this any ideas. :?

sequential timer with variable stage delay

This question has come up a few times before in these forums, you may want to look at some earlier threads (like the "hay baler" one) for ideas:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/plc-info.5123/

To get a variable stage delay (using a single timer), you need to vary the timing element using the output from each stage. If the delays are relatively in the same ballpark, you can get away with a common timing cap and just switching in different timing resistors. As others here have pointed out, a small micro is also a good solution for this kind of problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…