Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed for ADC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

i solved the problem. the problem was caused by a wrongly connected pin. the circuit works fine now. however, it seems to work even without pulsing the switch. this seems weird. by the way i'm running the whole thing on a 6 V dc power supply. any simple ideas on how i can reduce it to 5? i tried biasing with a 2k and a 10k resistor but it doesn't work

konzen said:
hi,

i solved the problem. the problem was caused by a wrongly connected pin. the circuit works fine now. however, it seems to work even without pulsing the switch. this seems weird. by the way i'm running the whole thing on a 6 V dc power supply. any simple ideas on how i can reduce it to 5? i tried biasing with a 2k and a 10k resistor but it doesn't work

hi,
Try this, it should be OK.

Last edited:
how does that work?
btw should i just leave the switch as it is? it seems to not be contributing to the circuit

konzen said:
how does that work?
btw should i just leave the switch as it is? it seems to not be contributing to the circuit

hi,
Sometimes the ADC will work without the Start switch, but sometimes it won't, so leave the switch in as the datasheet says. Use it when it dosn't start itself, OK:rolleyes:

The diode 1N4001 drops about 0.7Volts.

im done with my project. demoed it yesterday. thanks alot for helping me with the ADC. here's a pic. cheers

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back