Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help - need to a circuit to trigger relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

5neaker

Hi

can someone help me. I need a circuit that will trigger an output to a relay when it get a predefined input voltage

input voltage - 3.19 volt, will be using ground to measure this input voltage

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Ray

Sounds like a good application for a comparator circuit. Heres a link to some info and schematics.

**broken link removed**

You could just implements a diode limiter circuit... I can\t draw you a schematics right now, but as soon as I get my hand on my PC, I'll post it. By the way, how does your input looks like? Is it a 3.19V DC?

Do a google search for datasheet on ULN2803. The ULN28xx family is an octal darlington pair driver well suited for driectly driving relay coils over a broad voltage range and fairly hefty power outputs from a DIP package. No need to build from discrete components when a perfectly good IC package exists than can do 8 for the price of 1.
Dialtone

I would go and use something like a zener diode in series with a voltage dropping resistor to trigger a transistor, which then triggers the relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back