Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need for Audio Amplifier LA4440 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning

Audio Amplifier LA4440 IC

Can you tell me the correctness of the circuit diagram? As I can buy it from the market but I want to make it by myself for my satisfaction. If anyone can help me I will be very much happy for your generosity!

Thank you !

Attachments

• la4440.jpg
    la4440.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 13,196
Last edited:
can you give us the schematic instead of the PCB? because it is more easier to know if the cct is right or wrong!

Stephen87,

Thank you for your reply ! Take a look at the schematic and tell your views on it !

Attachments

• LA4440.jpg
    LA4440.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 9,289
The datasheet for the Sanyo LA4440 says it is discontinued.
Why are you using old junk?

It looks fine, but with some little adjustments look at this website.... **broken link removed**

its gonna work for surely

It looks fine, but with some little adjustments look at this website.... **broken link removed**

its gonna work for surely
No, it has many errors:
1) It is missing the important 4.7 ohm resistors in series with the 0.1uF capacitors at the output so its outputs are shorted at high frequencies.
2) R1 is not needed so it matches the missing resistor on the other channel.
3) The value of the output capacitors is so low that low frequencies below 180Hz will be missing when the speakers are 4 ohms.

The datasheet has a correct pcb design that should be used.

No, it has many errors:
1) It is missing the important 4.7 ohm resistors in series with the 0.1uF capacitors at the output so its outputs are shorted at high frequencies.
2) R1 is not needed so it matches the missing resistor on the other channel.
3) The value of the output capacitors is so low that low frequencies below 180Hz will be missing when the speakers are 4 ohms.

The datasheet has a correct pcb design that should be used.

If this circuit which I use and what will be the ultimate effect on permormance ?

If this circuit which I use and what will be the ultimate effect on permormance ?
I don't know if the IC oscillates at a high frequency with the missing 4.7 ohm rersistors. With the output capacitor values too low then bass frequencies will be missing.
Why don't you use the correct schematic and correct pcb design shown on the datasheet?
This is one of 3 amplifier pcb's you are designing wrong.

I don't know if the IC oscillates at a high frequency with the missing 4.7 ohm rersistors. With the output capacitor values too low then bass frequencies will be missing.
Why don't you use the correct schematic and correct pcb design shown on the datasheet?
This is one of 3 amplifier pcb's you are designing wrong.

Thank you for your reply !

What should the output capacitor value as you are thinking ?

Unless I make the mistakes I could not make my ultimate PCB !

The value of the output coupling capacitor depends on the impedance of the speaker and on the frequency you want the output to be at -3dB.

Attachments

• cutoff frequency.PNG
    cutoff frequency.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 777
What is the substitute of LA4440 IC now ?
The TDA2009A is a modern car radio amplifier IC with slightly better spec's and it is still available in the West.
Its datasheet has a recommended pcb design.

LA4440 IC is still available in India and as you know that I don't live in West as I spend time and labour for designing this PCB as if I make some mistakes so please help me how to rectify it through the existing schematic of this IC. If you can't help me then I have to do it by myself as I have no other option open. I will do it and please seriuosly feel about me !

LA4440 IC is still available in India and as you know that I don't live in West as I spend time and labour for designing this PCB as if I make some mistakes so please help me how to rectify it through the existing schematic of this IC. If you can't help me then I have to do it by myself as I have no other option open. I will do it and please seriuosly feel about me !
Over two weeks ago you made a pcb for the obsolete Sanyo amplifier IC. Its recommended pcb design is in its datasheet so we don't know why you don't use it.

Maybe you should make your pcb so that you can find out that you did not research the different sizes of the capacitors and you will find that the 1000uF capacitors are much bigger than the 47uF capacitors then they won't fit on your pcb.
Maybe your pcb design will cause high frequency oscillation.

It is now open for Indian people as I will not ask or reply for any comment !

To the people like Audioguru,4pyros who don't like me and hate me but they never never ignore me ! In future I never like to get any racial comment about my country India from anybody in this forum as if you don't like India please shut up as it is irrevalent in this forum as if it continues further this forum's reputation will be in stake. Personally I respect this forum so I expect same thing from yours, just remember it !

Take care for all !

Last edited:
Here it is my final PCB of LA4440 IC ! I am not asking for any comments about it as it is 100% correct !

Attachments

• LA4440.jpg
    LA4440.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 10,773
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back