Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johthu

Hello,
I have been searching the Internet for days now, hours wasted scrolling through alibaba and aliexpress with very little luck.

I am looking for a 1 to 2.6 inch color lcd (doesn't matter if oled or tft or whatever) with a resolution of around 480x800 or similar with an aspect ratio of around 16:9. It is not important how closely it fits to these specs, as I can figure things out after. The cost must be less than 20.

Thanks for the help

and that is why you should fill out "Location:" in your profile.
And why you should always specify the units of your measurements.

JimB

At zero any currency, al older cell phone behind the spider webs has a canibalizable one. The newer smart phones have a much higher resolution displays but can still be zero currency.

----> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cell+phone+display+resolution&t=canonical&ia=images&iax=images&iai=https://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/iPhone-resolutions.png

iu

Last edited:
Alright calm it, GBP.
I mean I would go for more or less it's around about.
Also I know that the technology is there for far higher resolution screens, smaller than I need. I'm in a position where I need a lot of these so don't want to be ordering tens of £200 VR 1080p lcds, but then 320x240 is just too low for what I need it for.
Again appreciate the help as I'm stuck for ideas

Okay... Reality check... The smallest pixel to date is 0.03175 of a mm, but it's scarce...

All big companies usually gobble up all the supplies.. This is 800PPI so theoretically you are right... Cost? Well name a price... They are coming and yes! They would have to be for VR or the pixels would be too small for normal TFT display's

IPhone 6 has 326 PPI at 0.077mm which will be 652 pixels in 2".. But as yet no one makes smaller units.. Phones normally start at 3.5" But still not in your requirements...

I hate being pessimistic, as someone has to get the ball rolling..

Okay... Reality check... The smallest pixel to date is 0.03175 of a mm, but it's scarce...

All big companies usually gobble up all the supplies.. This is 800PPI so theoretically you are right... Cost? Well name a price... They are coming and yes! They would have to be for VR or the pixels would be too small for normal TFT display's

IPhone 6 has 326 PPI at 0.077mm which will be 652 pixels in 2".. But as yet no one makes smaller units.. Phones normally start at 3.5" But still not in your requirements...

I hate being pessimistic, as someone has to get the ball rolling..

There are 2k 5.5 inch lcd's for £40 on aliexpress why can't there be 2.4 inch 480p lcd's? Like I understand there isn't a market for such a size with the same resolution but I'm hoping there is a batch spare from some product out there, and someone might come across this forum who knows where I can find it

Depending on amount... You say maybe quite a few... A chat to someone in Shenzhen.. Apparently quantity will get you anything you need.. There must be more web sites **broken link removed** Make them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back