Help identifying a part....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimeriljazi

Hi I have an android speaker like this **broken link removed** but an "x" part is broken, I know which but I don't know how it's called so please somebody help me identifying the part name so I can buy it and replace the broken... In the back of the board it writes a number (see in photo), Here's the photo:View attachment 60700View attachment 60701

I think it is a potentiometer but does it have a specific name or how do I search for it???

Last edited:
if it is making stepping clicks at 12 or 16 steps per rotation, it could be a rotary encoder.
otherwise it is a resistive potentiometer. once the rotation is found smooth you can find out the total value of the pot , by measuring resistance across outer pins .
then wrt to one side , you could measure with one end of rotation indicating full value as measured earlier. now,rotate by 1/3rd of the 300 odd degrees possible, measure. then rotate another 1/3rd, if the measurements are proportionate approximately, then it is linear one, otherwise logarithmic one. in general volume controls that manage audio are logarithmic.
ps:
a rotary encoder rotates continuously with no end stops .

Last edited:
Looks like a rotory switch to me but may be an encoder.

i should be a rotary encoder your photograph shows that in addition to body pins , the device has 3+2 five pins in all
thus it has also a push to switch facility
and surely it is rotary encoder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…