Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying a part....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimeriljazi

Hi I have an android speaker like this **broken link removed** but an "x" part is broken, I know which but I don't know how it's called so please somebody help me identifying the part name so I can buy it and replace the broken... In the back of the board it writes a number (see in photo), Here's the photo:View attachment 60700View attachment 60701

I think it is a potentiometer but does it have a specific name or how do I search for it???

Last edited:
if it is making stepping clicks at 12 or 16 steps per rotation, it could be a rotary encoder.
otherwise it is a resistive potentiometer. once the rotation is found smooth you can find out the total value of the pot , by measuring resistance across outer pins .
then wrt to one side , you could measure with one end of rotation indicating full value as measured earlier. now,rotate by 1/3rd of the 300 odd degrees possible, measure. then rotate another 1/3rd, if the measurements are proportionate approximately, then it is linear one, otherwise logarithmic one. in general volume controls that manage audio are logarithmic.
ps:
a rotary encoder rotates continuously with no end stops .

Last edited:
i should be a rotary encoder your photograph shows that in addition to body pins , the device has 3+2 five pins in all
thus it has also a push to switch facility
and surely it is rotary encoder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back