Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Full Wave Rectifier Bridge Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

benboards

Hello, I'm a student working on a microcontroller project. I have this 38 volt peak-to-peak AC wave i divided to 5 volts peak-to-peak. I want to send this signal through a full wave rectifier bridge network to establish a DC voltage i can use for my A/D converter.. Is there a way to to get the voltage out to be a steady state DC voltage rather than a pulsed voltage?? thnx!

benboards said:
Hello, I'm a student working on a microcontroller project. I have this 38 volt peak-to-peak AC wave i divided to 5 volts peak-to-peak. I want to send this signal through a full wave rectifier bridge network to establish a DC voltage i can use for my A/D converter.. Is there a way to to get the voltage out to be a steady state DC voltage rather than a pulsed voltage?? thnx!

You basically add capacitance on the output, to smooth the pulses. The value is fairly critical, as it must drop to follow changes in the signal. I would suggest you try looking for AC millivoltmeters, VU meters, and precision rectifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back