Help for making a demultiplexer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodip

Hi buddies,
I have completed making a five digit seven segment display circuit.
Now the problem is I have a multiplexed output of seven segment lines and five digit lines for the display.
Now I want to drive big display with this circuit with ULN2003 driver chip or something similar. Can anyone help me how I can make a demultiplexer to get 35 outputs for each segment of five seven segment digits from the multiplexed display line inputs of seven segment and five digits?
Thanking you in anticipation for a solution

With best wishes

Prodip

Thank you Papabravo for your suggestion but what I’m looking is to get single pin out for each segment that is why I want to demultiplex the multiplexed display lines. Charlieplexing refers to techniques for reduction of pin-Count in LED Display Multiplexing. So how cud this be a solution here

If you could sketch a quick block diagram of what you're asking, it would be more clear to me. If you need a custom demux, then a PLD or PIC would be a route. Are you asking for a discrete solution?

Consider using an MM5450 or MM5451.

These ICs have 34 digital outputs which are driven from a serial data input and a clock.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…