Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help diagnosing Nec lcd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebG

hello I have been trying to find a fix for my 17" nec multisync lcd monitor. At startup the v-hold fails to hold, after a few minutes of warm up the v-hold corrects itself, but there are still many horizontal bars flickering across the screen, also I have a single pixel wide line down the left side about 2" in from the side. and last but not least the lower left backlight appears to be flickering. I am assuming I have a problem in the high voltage power supply, I replaced the electrolytic caps that I had spares for, there are still 3 that I didnt have replacements for. I have a capacitor meter on order that should be here in a few days. When I got the monitor it was stone dead, the power supply board appeared that something had been spilled in it, after cleaning off the goo on the board it sort of functions, I would love to get this fixed. What next? If anyone could pinpoint a likely source that would cause all the problems that would be awesome. I included a couple pics so you can see whats going on.

Thanks in advance Caleb :)

Attachments

• _MG_9311.jpg
    _MG_9311.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 298
  • _MG_9316.jpg
    _MG_9316.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 288
would you like pictures of the board? all the caps appear to be ok, but with electolytics I know that doesnt mean much. Im on new ground when it comes to lcd power supplies and there doesnt seem to be much floating around on the web. thanks

You should check your local craigslist.org as 17" LCD monitors that work are dirt cheap. Saw one in Oregon with a computer for $45
**broken link removed**

thats a smoking deal, however newberg is several hours away it would cost me more in gas than the computer.
I was interested in learning how the circuits work as well as getting the monitor to work. I have lots of experience with electricity but not a whole lot with electronics. I have 8 computers at the moment so I dont really need another (well maybe a dual quad core). Usually I can fix my electronic problems by switching out the bad caps and or burnt components, this is the first where everything looks ok but is not functioning correctly.

thanks for any help you all can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back