Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help and advises for two LED's driving circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lots of two-pin bi-color LEDs around here... These two-pin red-green LEDs are available from DigiKey. They should be readily available from Bangood or EBay.

If you must use a three-pin LED, it would be easier to redesign the circuit to use a common-anode, rather than a common-cathode one like you show.

Thanks Mike,
I understood, but I have some three-pin LEDs - about 20, with common cathode and would like to use them. I'm going to try to change the circuit.

May be this is not a elegant solution, but it seems that will work with my three-pin common cathode LEDs.:confused:

Attachments

• map_sensor_led_indicator_TL431_BiColor_v2.png
    map_sensor_led_indicator_TL431_BiColor_v2.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 207
Looks similar to what I was working on. Check the sensitivity to variations in the 12V power supply as I am doing here:

362.gif

Yours has a bit more Amber in the overlap.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've decided to build a circuit for MAP sensor indicator with a LM3914. It working fine, but in dot mode the first diode always lights smoothly. How to resolve this problem?
I've attached the simulation image and circuit file.

Attachments

• map_sensor_led_indicator_LM3914.png
    map_sensor_led_indicator_LM3914.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 197
  • map_sensor_led_indicator_LM3914_v2.asc
    3.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back