Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help/advice required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noelnoel

Hi, im trying to fit an after market clock (from daihatsu cuore) into my pajero junior, and having great difficulties. Its a 4 pin connection acc+, ill, e- and b+. Ive connected it up to my stereo but nothing happens until i switch the stereo off then then clock comes on briefly. What is going on :(

You dont have it wired right ;)

Just guessing:

B+ should go to +12Vdc that is always on (keepalive, battery).
Acc+ should be connected to +12Vdc when you want the clock display to be on.
Ill should be connected to a voltage somewhere between 0V and 12Vdc to control the brightness of the display. This usually comes from the car's dimmer bus.
E- should go to 0V (gnd).

How do you have it wired?

Thanks for the replys guys.
I have all the connections spliced into the stereo connection, i thought it would be the easiest way of connecting it but obviously i was wrong. I apologise for being a complete noob where electronics are concerned.

OK... Mitsubishi radio wires....

12v acc ( ignition ) is blue
12v Battery is Red with a black stripe
Illumination isn't connected....
Ground is via the chassis of the radio.... The connector hasn't a ground wire..

So put illumination to the blue wire... Connect the ground to the side of the radio ( some have a 4mm thread at the rear..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back