Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, please can somebody help me this circuits cpu to connect with display and keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your circuit is a few boards full of empty sockets?
Hello Gophert, like i told you before...i say with my self(why i have to make, when i dont know for screen and i stop working i thought there is complete(man i did not know), but now i know...is PERFECT from the next(hope) i gonna start to finish ;-)))))
Have a Nice Wekend.... greetings

You need spaces between the sockets - some IC bodies are too long to fit with the pins. Gaps are also useful as wiring "lanes" so the connections you add are not crossing other solder joints - or places you will need to add more connections to later.

Also you have all 18 pin 0.3" pitch, no allowing for the different size ICs.
You need to fully plan things and work out the exact IC types (and packages), plus allowing for other components, before you start building.

This is a practical example, though built with wire-wrap. There are decoupling capacitors under every IC, hidden inside the IC sockets.
The ICs are set out with reasonable spacing, on a ground-plane board to avoid electrical noise.

Hello,
thank you very much for advice...there is two space because that was socket of 18(i think and i have 16 pins gates(but socket i did mistake), but no problem all party i gonna test(like i test in bredeboard)

Have Nice Wekeng...
greetings..

say with my self(why i have to make, when i dont know for screen and i stop working i thought there is complete(man i did not know), but now i know...is PERFECT from the next(hope) i gonna start to finish
I have no idea what that means.

Michael, this is an English speaking forum, it would help us to help you if you would write in a more standard form of English. Break the text into sentences and use some punctuation, rather than running all the words together.

We realise that English is probably not your first language, and most of us make allowance for that, but, when it takes more effort to decode the message than to fix the problem, then there are difficulties.

JimB

I have no idea what that means.

Michael, this is an English speaking forum, it would help us to help you if you would write in a more standard form of English. Break the text into sentences and use some punctuation, rather than running all the words together.

We realise that English is probably not your first language, and most of us make allowance for that, but, when it takes more effort to decode the message than to fix the problem, then there are difficulties.

JimB
Hello Jim
sorry for my late answer
man i am trying to translate in google, but he google dont translate correct.
i try my best to translate in english….
thanks man.;)

Hello Jim
sorry for my late answer
man i am trying to translate in google, but he google dont translate correct.
i try my best to translate in english….
thanks man.;)

Which language are you starting from?

hello to everyone
i finish pcounter the circuit, now i am working in ALU
i just like to ask you
what comes after building the timing, counter, sync
have a nice wekend
greetings.

You need spaces between the sockets - some IC bodies are too long to fit with the pins. Gaps are also useful as wiring "lanes" so the connections you add are not crossing other solder joints - or places you will need to add more connections to later.

Also you have all 18 pin 0.3" pitch, no allowing for the different size ICs.
You need to fully plan things and work out the exact IC types (and packages), plus allowing for other components, before you start building.

This is a practical example, though built with wire-wrap. There are decoupling capacitors under every IC, hidden inside the IC sockets.
The ICs are set out with reasonable spacing, on a ground-plane board to avoid electrical noise.

hello

can you help me to finsh vga controller

i still did not finish, but i know how to make counter timing sync for vga controller.....
what i have to do next to finish the vga controller?

can you help me to finsh vga controller

There is no VGA controller! VGA is one very specific type of video standard.

It uses a memory mapped pixel array. The whole design was only ever meant to be run in a software simulator and never built as a physical design.
The design uses a 512 x 256 pixel memory array, with bits directly controlling pixel on/off; no colour, no built-in text capability etc.

The overall design is not technically impossible to build but extremely impractical and there are far better and far more capable designs for self-build CPUs / computers around.

As I said from the start, if you are going to try and actually build that design, I (or other people) will give you general guidelines and provide information sources, but no one will just design the display circuitry for you; you need to learn enough to do it yourself, or chose a more practical design that has been proven to be suitable for a DIY system.

eg. Something like a DIY PDP-8 design is infinitely more practical; there is a mass of software that can run on those and an incredible amount of documentation overall, with user groups and excellent support.

There is no VGA controller! VGA is one very specific type of video standard.

It uses a memory mapped pixel array. The whole design was only ever meant to be run in a software simulator and never built as a physical design.
The design uses a 512 x 256 pixel memory array, with bits directly controlling pixel on/off; no colour, no built-in text capability etc.

The overall design is not technically impossible to build but extremely impractical and there are far better and far more capable designs for self-build CPUs / computers around.

As I said from the start, if you are going to try and actually build that design, I (or other people) will give you general guidelines and provide information sources, but no one will just design the display circuitry for you; you need to learn enough to do it yourself, or chose a more practical design that has been proven to be suitable for a DIY system.

eg. Something like a DIY PDP-8 design is infinitely more practical; there is a mass of software that can run on those and an incredible amount of documentation overall, with user groups and excellent support.

hi man

ooh man, i just want to connect my cpu to screen, you told me first what to do, so i did i build the circuits what to do next?

hello, to be real i build one piece of alu 256 wires, where are the next 2 piece, plus other pieces.
it take me to much time but in post 9, the say you can build in FPGA, what you can do with fpga?
i see in internet somebody build in FPGA nand2tetris
can you help me what to learn, is new to me FPGA

The design is not intended to be built with conventional components.

You would need a 8K word dual-port RAM setup and a full set of address counters/dividers to generate both video timing and memory addresses etc., then output each word to a shift register.
Not a simple design.
eg. https://www.idt.com/document/dst/7025-data-sheet

The whole "nand2tetris" design is really intended to be built as a logic design and programmed in to a gate array something like this:
hello sir

is possible to tell me wich fpga board to buy to build nand2tetris, fpga is new to me

greetings

Goodmorning
yes i did it, i goona show you.... and next what to do?

How about showing us what you've done so far (photos) and then we can help you better.

How about showing us what you've done so far (photos) and then we can help you better.
Hello Gophert

here one piece of alu there almost 256 wires
file1.jpeg
file.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back