Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, please can somebody help me this circuits cpu to connect with display and keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
i follow the course nand2tetris to build computer operating system language assembler

everything is programmed
just i dont know how to connect to keboard and screeen(they dont explaing) just a little bit
normal is pc/2 and black and white display

please can sombody show me example, i have no idea

this schematic is build in logisim
how to do it(i dont know)
12.png

thnx

Can you post some photos.

hello gophert

i test all circuits all the party, in bredeboard, but when i come to this circuit like you see now
i see there are 16 pin out data(pixel), now i see the monitor have only signal color pin vsyn pin and hsync pin
how can i fit all 16 PIXEL into one signal color, also i dont know have to make hsyn vsync singals
and what to do? they dont explain in course(how to connect to display)( i follow that course because i like to build pc and programming)

i see one more time ben eater video he make output to seven segmeent display(not in monitor)
and he build a register and clock for output to seven segment display

look i test all those circuits(i buy all material to build)
control.png
alu.png
control.png
jump control.png

The "screen" in your first diagram appears to be an LCD panel with a built-in display controller (a video card, in effect).
It's not just a monitor that takes video signals.

Something along the lines of this, though unlikely to be this exact one: https://www.buydisplay.com/download/manual/ER-TFTM050-5_Datasheet.pdf

Generally in the circuit sections, all the labelled connection tags just connect to the other tags with the same labels.

You need to realise that the whole thing is a simulation and not a good representation of a practical design.

Edit - I've just had a look at the "nand2tetris" stuff, it's a series of video lectures relating to building a simple computer using VHDL to run in a simulator or programmable logic array.

All the devices and gates are therefore representations of VHDL logic modules. The "display" is a section of RAM bit-mapped to visual pixels.

An overview of the "computer" here, one of the course videos: https://www.coursera.org/lecture/build-a-computer/unit-5-5-project-5-overview-gjhcz

Last edited:
The "screen" in your first diagram appears to be an LCD panel with a built-in display controller (a video card, in effect).
It's not just a monitor that takes video signals.

Something along the lines of this, though unlikely to be this exact one: https://www.buydisplay.com/download/manual/ER-TFTM050-5_Datasheet.pdf

Generally in the circuit sections, all the labelled connection tags just connect to the other tags with the same labels.

You need to realise that the whole thing is a simulation and not a good representation of a practical design.

Edit - I've just had a look at the "nand2tetris" stuff, it's a series of video lectures relating to building a simple computer using VHDL to run in a simulator or programmable logic array.

All the devices and gates are therefore representations of VHDL logic modules. The "display" is a section of RAM bit-mapped to visual pixels.

An overview of the "computer" here, one of the course videos: https://www.coursera.org/lecture/build-a-computer/unit-5-5-project-5-overview-gjhcz
yes you see i dont know how to build a logic circuit for monitor display, man can you help me little bit?(if you have a little time for me thnx);-)

i test all circuits all the party, in bredeboard, but when i come to this circuit like you see now

I asked for a photo of your circuit (breadboard). Not more schematics.

i dont know how to build a logic circuit for monitor display

The design is not intended to be built with conventional components.

You would need a 8K word dual-port RAM setup and a full set of address counters/dividers to generate both video timing and memory addresses etc., then output each word to a shift register.
Not a simple design.
eg. https://www.idt.com/document/dst/7025-data-sheet

The whole "nand2tetris" design is really intended to be built as a logic design and programmed in to a gate array something like this:

That is why I asked for a photo of the breadboard. This thread smells like a troll.

nand2tetris is a legitimate educational project;

I suspect a lack of understanding & some confusing terminology, rather than anything deceptive.

I'm also guessing the "breadboard" is part of the software simulator.

There are designs for DIY CPUs that can be built from standard hardware, but this is not a design that would easily translate to physical components.

The "built in" components of this design such as the RAM and screen display are just modules written in Java.

I suspect a lack of understanding & some confusing terminology, rather than anything deceptive.

There are designs for DIY CPUs that can be built from standard hardware, but this is not a design that would easily translate to physical components.

The "built in" components of this design such as the RAM and screen display are just modules written in Java.

You are much more, ... umm, ahh, ... "forgiving," than I am.

You would need a 8K word dual-port RAM setup and a full set of address counters/dividers to generate both video timing and memory addresses etc., then output each word to a shift register.
Not a simple design.
eg. https://www.idt.com/document/dst/7025-data-sheet

The whole "nand2tetris" design is really intended to be built as a logic design and programmed in to a gate array something like this:
thank you for time, i wil like self to build that circuits that party,

i know

You could use the timing generator, row counters and column counters from an old design of mine here (on page 25 of the pdf, 367 in the original volume).

Note that I do not have time to start drawing things out for you or answer questions that need massive detail - you need to study the logic & data sheets for the devices, plus the "screen" module description in the original lecture series you are working from.

However, if you do not understand the basics such as logic signal & bus connections between devices or circuit blocks, I do not see how you can have made any physical prototypes of the "computer" design??

The rest of the test card generator design info is in these issues of the magazine:

you might want to look at this: https://archive.org/download/tvtcb_doc/tvtcb.pdf this was a display and keyboard made with TTL chips. from what i can tell from your posts that's pretty close to what you want. basically it's a video terminal that you can use to "talk" with the CPU hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back