Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello, anyone has any idea about Forward Error Correction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoopydoo

Hello , Everybody. I'm newbie.
do you have any information about it ?
I've looking for these info for 6 months but no answer satisfies me.
I hope that someone can help me.
mail to me if you don't mind.
this is my email : scoopydoo1982@yahoo.com

thank for reading this subject.

A method of communicating data that corrects errors in transmission on the receiving end. Prior to transmission, the data is put through a predetermined algorithm that adds extra bits specifically for error correction to any character or code block. If the transmission is received in error, the correction bits are used to check and repair the data.

Look for "FEC communications protocols" and "communications protocols" in general. Also, the PAR scheme can be used to the same end. A standard communications protocol would be more efficient for most situations e.g. A block of data is sent with a CRC value, if the block received doesn’t match the CRC value, request the block to be sent again.

pandaemonium said:
A block of data is sent with a CRC value, if the block received doesn’t match the CRC value, request the block to be sent again.

But that requires two way communication, so is useless for a one way radio link!. A method commonly used for radio links is called 'Manchester coding', you might try looking for that?.

you two are who i'm seeking for.
Do you have any idea for making a report about this subject ?
Cos' I have read some Recommendation form ITU and I know that no way for student can make a high quality report about this.

So, I've been seeking for people who did or in working now int this field.Cos' ther're many FEC code which are applied for many application .For instance : OTN, Wireless communication,DVB.....
but that are all about theories , i don't have any research report .
I can't tell poeple that I tell the true , please belive me!

I wonder if you can help me or can you tell me more about what you knoe about it.

see : thaihien1011@yahoo.com .This is may email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back