Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heater Element (Electric Blanket)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept under a electric blanket for most of my early life. (until I moved out of home and I paid the heat bill :p) I never had a problem with them. I still have one around some place.

I dont know of anyone that doesn't have one around here.
When I was growing up there was a few times when we tossed one over a sick or injured horse while they were in the barn and still didn't have a problem with it.

Anything that uses electricity to make heat can be dangerous if improperly used or maintained.
Over the years several people locally have claimed they had fires from them but everyone was thoroughly investigated and found that smoking in bed was the actual source of the fires. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back