Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Header strip connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack0987

In a computer case when connecting the case leds and switches to the motherboard, there are small conectors on the wires that plug into the motherboard header.

Where can I get them without paying an arm and a leg for them?

Later edit: I should have also asked what they are called so I can google them.

Thanks.

Last edited:
In a computer case when connecting the case leds and switches to the motherboard, there are small conectors on the wires that plug into the motherboard header.

Where can I get them without paying an arm and a leg for them?

Later edit: I should have also asked what they are called so I can google them.

Thanks.

hi,
Molex connectors, headers..
Terminals | Farnell United Kingdom

eric, I've had zip for luck finding the type of connectors I think he's talking about.
Molex is a brand name, and there like a zillion different types and I can't seem to find any two way connectors which is I'm assuming one of the types he's looking for as they're very common for things like LED and power/reset switch connectors.

I think this link is picture of the specific type of connector they're looking for.
https://www.mysuperpc.com/build_your_own_computer/q_connector_hdd_power_reset.jpg

The header pins themselves are easy to find.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Yes, the ones for the power and reset switch, etc.
A lot of parts suppliers do not have pictures.
Is there a specific name for them?

Later edit: If I could get them with the wire leads that would be nice.

Last edited:
I think I may have actually found some. you may look at it if you wish.

**broken link removed**

I googgled mini molex.

Seems like decent prices too.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I've been looking for, too.

By coincidence, I'll be in the 1300 block of Edinger tomorrow morning! **broken link removed**

update: they weren't open today :-(

Last edited:
Seems like decent prices too.

hi SC,
These are the same type as I suggested, commonly referred to as Molex connectors, available in 0.1inch for signal wires or 0.2inch pitch for power wires.

AAesp01.gif

Last edited:
Eric, I think we're talking about two different things here? He didn't want to find a supplier for the headers. He wanted to find a supplier for the connectors to those headers. I can't find connectors on the link your provided in post #2, the parametric search seems a little flakey can you provide a specific part number at Farnell to what you think is a good solution, and the image you posted in post #9 is for headers not the connectors to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back