Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HD44780 and 18f4550 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
The code should work as it is. The LCDs don't have a busy line, you just connect up the data and control lines, change the equates at the top of the code and it should work.

The code requires that you have an external HS crystal attached. Maybe I should change it so it uses the internal oscillator.

Mike.

I didn't see anyone mention Julian Ilett's outstanding tutorial on intelligent LCDs. 2hrs with that and you can get the LCD working without even an microcontroller, just using pushbuttons. If you read it you may well never have another problem with character LCDs. It enabled even me to write sets of working LCD routines in both assembly and C.

I didn't see anyone mention Julian Ilett's outstanding tutorial on intelligent LCDs. 2hrs with that and you can get the LCD working without even an microcontroller, just using pushbuttons. If you read it you may well never have another problem with character LCDs. It enabled even me to write sets of working LCD routines in both assembly and C.
Yes, everyone learning LCDs should have a copy of those two files. Definite must-read material. You can find them at this link.

Or you can download the two directly from here.
lcd1.pdf
lcd2.pdf

Lcd+4550

Thank you guys, I want to tell you without the code you have posted I would be totally lost. I'm grateful to your help. Yes it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back