Having a little problem with PCB making .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like you are using poor quality PCB boards or the 'resist' isn't working well. Upgrade to 2 oz copper or improve your etching process. I can't say I have such a problem and I mainly do 0805 or 0603 SMD with SOIC chips!

BTW I built my own hot air soldering gun with a cheap ($12) harbor freight adjustable iron and an aquarium air pump. Works just fine with Pb/Sn paste, soldered thousands of parts!.

BGAmodz, your first attempt is better than most of mine, even though I've done a few now. Well done, congratulations!

As to paper, I made my own dextrin coated paper (you make the dextrin out of cornstarch (=cornflour in UK)). Comes off really really easily Had good results with a flier too.

Thanks , good look with your next attempts.

Thanks for the Luck! I'm going to iron it then put it through a laminator for the next one - I read that is the best way. That dextrin dissolves really quickly. I just can't state too much how easily the paper comes off when you soak it!

Thanks for the Luck! I'm going to iron it then put it through a laminator for the next one - I read that is the best way. That dextrin dissolves really quickly. I just can't state too much how easily the paper comes off when you soak it!

There is a small tip you can try , when you iron the paper on the copper , let it cool down and then leave it all on a soaped water for 10 mins , removal should be easy , that's what i've done personally .

Results can get better if i find a nice professional PCB making guide , whatever book video etc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…