Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Having a little problem with PCB making .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like you are using poor quality PCB boards or the 'resist' isn't working well. Upgrade to 2 oz copper or improve your etching process. I can't say I have such a problem and I mainly do 0805 or 0603 SMD with SOIC chips!

BTW I built my own hot air soldering gun with a cheap ($12) harbor freight adjustable iron and an aquarium air pump. Works just fine with Pb/Sn paste, soldered thousands of parts!.

BGAmodz, your first attempt is better than most of mine, even though I've done a few now. Well done, congratulations!

As to paper, I made my own dextrin coated paper (you make the dextrin out of cornstarch (=cornflour in UK)). Comes off really really easily :) Had good results with a flier too.

BGAmodz, your first attempt is better than most of mine, even though I've done a few now. Well done, congratulations!

As to paper, I made my own dextrin coated paper (you make the dextrin out of cornstarch (=cornflour in UK)). Comes off really really easily :) Had good results with a flier too.

Thanks , good look with your next attempts.

Thanks for the Luck! I'm going to iron it then put it through a laminator for the next one - I read that is the best way. That dextrin dissolves really quickly. I just can't state too much how easily the paper comes off when you soak it!

Thanks for the Luck! I'm going to iron it then put it through a laminator for the next one - I read that is the best way. That dextrin dissolves really quickly. I just can't state too much how easily the paper comes off when you soak it!

There is a small tip you can try , when you iron the paper on the copper , let it cool down and then leave it all on a soaped water for 10 mins , removal should be easy , that's what i've done personally .

Results can get better if i find a nice professional PCB making guide , whatever book video etc.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back