Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hate register!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron, for that kind of bullying, where both the child and parents went to the school officials for help, something should have been done. That option has always been there for kids, if the can't find away to deal with it themselves. I don't see how suing the school, police, or any other taxpayer funded organization is good for anybody, except the lawyers. Most schools are already under-staffed and under-funded, higher taxes doesn't sit well for anyone.

Ron, for that kind of bullying, where both the child and parents went to the school officials for help, something should have been done. That option has always been there for kids, if the can't find away to deal with it themselves. I don't see how suing the school, police, or any other taxpayer funded organization is good for anybody, except the lawyers. Most schools are already under-staffed and under-funded, higher taxes doesn't sit well for anyone.

Oh, in this case I agree. It was too much for too long. However, I do think that those responsible should have been held accountable. I can't speak for outside the US but here in the US they couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher, especially an inner city school. Generally if this were an isolated instance or two I would say the kid needs to grow a tougher skin but this went too far.

Right now school levies are getting shot down around here. People are sick of the waste and abuse of the funding. I guess I just liked things better when they were simple and law suits in schools weren't a way of life. Schools simply taught and remained out of other things.

Ron

Oh, in this case I agree. It was too much for too long. However, I do think that those responsible should have been held accountable. I can't speak for outside the US but here in the US they couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher, especially an inner city school. Generally if this were an isolated instance or two I would say the kid needs to grow a tougher skin but this went too far.

Right now school levies are getting shot down around here. People are sick of the waste and abuse of the funding. I guess I just liked things better when they were simple and law suits in schools weren't a way of life. Schools simply taught and remained out of other things.

Ron

The kid's parents also had other options, wasn't just the school's fault. Not to mention the boy had to know who his tormentors were, and could have named them from the beginning. The parents could have home school their special child, private school, or even asked to have their child moved to a different school. They could have also gotten councilling independently. Schools are for teaching basic skills, parents are for teaching everything else, and provide the special care some need. School is a substitute for parenting, or free babysitting service.

But for the most part, kids tease and taunt other kids who do something stupid, which gives incentive to avoid repeat the same action in the future. It encourages slower kids to pick up the pace, work a little harder to catch up or excel. It's not a 100% bad thing, no challenge, no reason to improve.

But for the most part, kids tease and taunt other kids who do something stupid, which gives incentive to avoid repeat the same action in the future. It encourages slower kids to pick up the pace, work a little harder to catch up or excel. It's not a 100% bad thing, no challenge, no reason to improve.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Well said.

Mike.

As I was a kid who went through an enormous amount of bullying of all types, I blame the parents for not teaching their kid to deal with it. It was my own lack of self-esteem (created by both my parents) that caused me to get bullied all the time. Sounds like he's been babied all his life and now can't deal with the real world. And since when is vindication a good thing, especially when it's taking money from a public entity.

All I can say is if anyone rubbed up against me naked in the locker room, they'd have gotten a foot right between the legs. I would have gotten in trouble, but I bet they wouldn't have done it again. Funny how all the bullying stopped once I started understanding that it was THEIR lack of self-esteem that was actually the cause, not mine.

Well I the the government is a bunch of Booger Heads!!... awww dang now I'm registered!

Seriously though what if this were real would it really matter in the long run? That the child was clever, degrading, or just frustrated that he/she couldn't get what they wanted and instead of lashing out physically said something awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back