Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

harmonic oscillations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintincute

hi

i would like to know if you are familiar to this formula. I'm not really sure if this is a harmonic oscillations formula.
does anybody have any idea?
thanks

Attachments

• formel.gif
    formel.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
hi

i would like to know if you are familiar to this formula. I'm not really sure if this is a harmonic oscillations formula.
does anybody have any idea?
thanks

No, this is a simple formula that describes a function consisting of a constant, or DC component, and an AC component at a single frequency.

Why is one u a vector and the other not? Seems to be neither should be vectors.

hi Radioron thank you. But this was used in one of our exercises to solve the harmonic oscillation of u(t) mathematically.
do you know where I can get informations about this? Like an examples and explanations.

Thank you again

@dknguyen: they are all "u"

Oh is that just a wrypo (write-po) then?

THe rightmost u has a ^ above it, indicating is a vector of some kind. And then it is being added to u0 which is a magnitude, not a vector...which doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
DIfferent notations I guess. Some people use that for peak value or unit vector (Actually I think that's actually peak value. Makes sense since that's the amplitude of the cos wave).

yes you said it right. Different notations.
do you know where I can read some information about this? I would like to fresh up my knowledge.

And another is: I also need information about this:

U^2 = U0^2 + U~^2

i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

Hi,

Let me rewrite the equation the way i intend to interpret this:

V(t)=Vdc+Vpk*cos(w*t)

What we have here is a sinusoidal wave with a dc offset Vdc.
In other words, the solution to V(t) includes the sinusoidal part plus the dc offset.

I am not sure what else you may want to know about this however, except maybe
that the frequency F is:
F=w/(2*pi)

so we can rewrite the equation as:

V(t)=Vdc+Vpk*cos(2*pi*F*t)

where
V(t) is the entire solution for the voltage at any point in time t,
Vdc is the dc offset
Vpk is the peak of the sinusoidal part
cos is the trigonometric function cosine
F is the frequency
t is the moment in time we look at the solution, and
pi=the constant 3.14159... and
2 is just another constant.

The period of oscillation is tp=1/F in case you want to know that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back