Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall effect sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjj

I found a simple hall effect application. Is that what I could use to control the PC soundcard's stereo output volume via a DIY breath controller to add tremolo and/or volume changes?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**
Not quite sure how it works. As far I discovered it works with moving a little magnet to the hall effect sensor or visa versa. How do I connect the soundcard's outputs to it? Finally, how to make it work logarithmically?
Since I need only to control the soundcard's stereo output, I'm glad not to bother with MIDI control and that surely makes it less problematic.

for breath control maybe you should look at something that is temperature sensitive. A Thermistor is a temperature variable resistor and may suit your needs better.

My use of hall effect sensors have been for measurement of revolutions .When a magnet is passed by the sensor a pulse is emitted . Those pulses are cleaned up and passed to a counter circuit and then to a display which when calibrated then gives the rpm

How were you thinking of using these sensors ? Look to the bottom of this screen for similar threads .There are quite a few

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back