Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guitar amplifier going bad ..... why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should i have replaced these transistors in pairs? I pulled the transistor that just went bad, checked all diodes ect.. around the output stage and turned it back on. I made sure that the lone transistor was not heating up too much and left in on for a min or so, and no damagae was done. Seems to be working now with just one, so i am gonna put it back together and see if it works.

ME AGAIN. Same amp

Okay, i am really lost now. I used my amp since i last replied to this thread using only the one negative rail power transistor (instead of 2). WEll last week i ordered 2 TIP 147 replacements and put them in. Nothing shorted, but i can hear anything coming out of the amp now. If i turn the volume up all the way i can barely hear the guitar. The wierd thing is when i power it off, it gets really loud (guitar, not noise) as soon as i hit the switch, then obiviously powers off. What do i test now??? what could be wrong. Thanks for any help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back