Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Green boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
They are not points.
The green ones are lunch boxes full of food and the red boxes are empty.
I don't need any more food.

Every school kid and NOOB gives me a red box.
Big deal.

And some of those who gave you a red box received a green box themselve? :D :confused:

vdd said:
This forum is turning into points collecting game. someone said something and is not agreed by someone else and he gets a red box. Some one helped other members and gets nothing. And someone got a green box for no apparen reason.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Oops I might get a red box.

If you care about the boxes, that just means you're playing the game. And even if the boxes are just a game, what does it matter? This is still, overall, the best English-language forum on the net for electronics.

Torben

How do you know?
The Interweb is apparently Torben's field of expertise. If you've found a better English-language forum than this one, I'd like to know where it is. If you've found a better non-English language forum than this one, let me know what language I should be learning.

I like the discipline in this forum. You get 100% replies from this forum other than single word replies like many other forums have.

The green boxes you have the fully control to give a vote to the replier if it is a good or a bad post unlike other forums they increasing their stars by the number of posts they replied. Even if it is 1000 bad posts it will give you star marks. Which this forum you have to decide them.

Last edited:
vdd said:
How do you know?

I don't deny the possibility that there is a better one, and I don't suggest that this forum will supply 100% of the help everybody needs. But I have spent a long time looking for better resources and have yet to find one which I consider better.

I used to spend a lot of time on Usenet, especially in the early '90s, and there are some good resources there too. However groups like (for instance) sci.electronics.*, while helpful, suffer from the presence of people like Phil Allison. Phil knows (or appears to know) his electronics, but his personality could curdle water. Anyone who finds audioguru* a little abrasive should spend some time on s.e.b. and see how long it takes before audioguru seems like a friendly fluffy bunny. :)

[*- Not singling you out for anything here Duck; it just seems you've been getting some flak recently.]

There are more directed forums, which may be more useful for specific interest areas, products, or levels of expertise, but for general electronics knowledge, if there is a better site than electro-tech, please let us in on the secret!

Torben

I don't deny the possibility that there is a better one, and I don't suggest that this forum will supply 100% of the help everybody needs. But I have spent a long time looking for better resources and have yet to find one which I consider better

There are more directed forums, which may be more useful for specific interest areas, products, or levels of expertise, but for general electronics knowledge, if there is a better site than electro-tech, please let us in on the secret!

Hi Torben,
Couldn't agree more.:)

Regards

For logical reasons, and for keeping scope for improving the performance of a person, or say an institution,(I feel Electro-tech-online is no less an institution.), it is better to imagine that there are better locations where service is better. This helps us to strive to serve better. Of course, the seekers also could contribute.

Torben said:
I don't deny the possibility that there is a better one, and I don't suggest that this forum will supply 100% of the help everybody needs. But I have spent a long time looking for better resources and have yet to find one which I consider better.

I used to spend a lot of time on Usenet, especially in the early '90s, and there are some good resources there too. However groups like (for instance) sci.electronics.*, while helpful, suffer from the presence of people like Phil Allison. Phil knows (or appears to know) his electronics, but his personality could curdle water. Anyone who finds audioguru* a little abrasive should spend some time on s.e.b. and see how long it takes before audioguru seems like a friendly fluffy bunny. :)

[*- Not singling you out for anything here Duck; it just seems you've been getting some flak recently.]

Torben

my god no. i'm an rf engineer. nobody here knows anything about antenna ranges, VNAs, couplers, phase shifters, loops, patches and whatnot save for radio ron. i'd have to go to agilent or rf cafe to get some answers.

I won't be so grumpy if I turn off PMs. Then I won't get hundreds of "SIR design a circuit for me plzzz" from all the little school kids in a single country.

I also won't be rewarded with a red lunch box each time I tell them to ask their teacher.

AG, You have heard of the term S.A.D., right? Cheer up, Spring is here -- only a couple of more months for you to wait. John

Spring is here. The snow is almost gone. It all came from the US.
The birds and squirrels are making nests.
My many solar garden lights are glowing all night long.

Maybe the students that bother me don't do their own homework is because they live in hell where the temperature is 50 degrees C (122 degrees F for Americans) like Phoenix Arizona!

Today the temperature here was 14 degrees C (about 57 degrees F for Americans). But there is frost most nights.

I'll bet my daffodils beat yours to bloom. I used to live in Minnesota. I know what it means when H__l freezes over. John

I have daffodils or tulips about 3" tall. They will bloom soon. Everything is sprouting.
The trees don't have leaves yet but they show buds.

I am in a suburb of Toronto which is very close to Cleveland.

audioguruu said:
Spring is here. The snow is almost gone. It all came from the US.
The birds and squirrels are making nests.
My many solar garden lights are glowing all night long.
I've edited your haiku:
audioguruu said:
Spring is here. Snow's gone.
Birds and squirrels are making nests.
My many lights are.

jpanhalt said:
I'll bet my daffodils beat yours to bloom. I used to live in Minnesota. I know what it means when H__l freezes over. John
We've got at least 4" blooms here at Case. They came up this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back