Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Green boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobcan

I like to know why Prathosh has 2 green boxes. He still a new member, joined this forum this year March, and only has 4 posts. It took some members (like Krumlink) over 1000 posts to get 2 green boxes. And I think Prathosh annoyed the hell out of Audiogruru.

Bobcan said:
I like to know why Prathosh has 2 green boxes. He still a new member, joined this forum this year March, and only has 4 posts. It took some members (like Krumlink) over 1000 posts to get 2 green boxes. And I think Prathosh annoyed the hell out of Audiogruru.

Probably because he took the unusual step of apologizing for annoying people. Often folks will just sign up, be annoying, and not take responsibility for it. Pratosh stepped up, said he was wrong, and promised not to do it again.

Someone gave him reputation points for that, and I guess it was somebody who has quite a few rep points themselves (the more rep points you have, the more it affects someone else's score when you add/detract from their rep).

I wouldn't worry about it.

Torben

[Edit: And as for Krummy, he had more green boxes at one point, and at another point had reds. He's a good kid but sometimes still gets on the nerves of certain other members. ;) But it's in no way related to the number of posts one makes. ]

I think there are some people in certain countries giving greenies to other people in their country.

I think school kids should join forums in their own country.
There should be a forum for only NOOBs.

audioguru said:
I think there are some people in certain countries giving greenies to other people in their country.

...wait. Did you just use the word "noob?!"

Wow.:eek: :p

audioguru said:

that means no chance for me here in cambodia:D :D :D

what does it matter how many greenys sombody has
in my oppinion it matter what a person has to say

Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
what does it matter how many greenys sombody has
in my oppinion it matter what a person has to say

Robert-Jan

So, why do they keep score? :D

That's taken from a popular response to the adage that the score is not everything, it's how ones plays the game that counts and is attributed to Vince Lombardi. John

You can add or subtract to/from other peoples reputation by clicking on the to the left of each post. You can see who has given you good/bad reputation in your Control Panel (UserCP at top).

Mike.

Pommie said:
You can add or subtract to/from other peoples reputation by clicking on the to the left of each post. You can see who has given you good/bad reputation in your Control Panel (UserCP at top).

Mike.

I see now I got it.There is a special button for that.:)
I add a reputation to you.The system asks two choices approve or disapprove if I choose agree it will count up the reputation mark.Then what about if I disagree will it increment the bad marks count?
Thanks Mike

Last edited:
If you choose disapprove then the reputation count goes down. Negative reputation is little red boxes.

Mike.

audioguru said:

I only wonder how these greenies are given by one to another.
Even if so, i feel this is a presumption, or aperhension that some one is stamping their own countrymen with more green.

These greenies would not fetch a loaf of bread for the members' survival. To my feeling these are to encourage and warn the membership so that we all co-exist in a wider society harmoneously, and the technical sites like ours would flourish healthy.

P S: Thanks to Pommie, I saw the Cabbage just now How does one add a comment there upon,Sir?

Last edited:
P S: Thanks to Pommie, I saw the Cabbage just now .

I think its supposed to be a picture of weighing scales.:confused:

How does one add a comment there upon,Sir?

Mouse click on the 'cabbage' then use the dialog box that appears..

Hi Pommie,
Do you remember the TV program 'Crackajack'.? [ hint, cabbages]

ericgibbs said:
P S: Thanks to Pommie, I saw the Cabbage just now .

I think its supposed to be a picture of weighing scales.:confused:

How does one add a comment there upon,Sir?

Mouse click on the 'cabbage' then use the dialog box that appears..

Hi Pommie,
Do you remember the TV program 'Crackajack'.? [ hint, cabbages]

Somehow, my initial look made me feel it like a cabbage, perhaps, I didn't visualize a weighing scale in that shape. Thanks Eric.

I have just now observed that the weighing scale appears in a post submitted by me to myself and as i take the cursor there it is willing to accept a click!!! while the red triangle doesn't. I feel some web logic mistake, and one should not see the weighing scale either. Hope the Web administrator will help in analyzing it further.

Hi Sarma in my machine both the icons willing to accept clicks.May some problem with your browser.I checked this on FIREFOX as well as IE7:)

Note that to your name you cannot give reputations it won't allow you.But you can vote to others.
Even the weighting scale appears it wont allow you to add reputations to you.

Last edited:
Gayan Soyza said:
Hi Sarma in my machine both the icons willing to accept clicks.May some problem with your browser.I checked this on FIREFOX as well as IE7:)

Gayan lease see across your own post just posted by you. you won't find the Red triangle, that is what i meant. yes, i saw clicking my post and got the appropriate message that no points are added. The action is right. Perhaps the flower need not be visible for the poster, in so much as Red triangle is not visible.

A logical outcome cam be that one can donate points to another person at the cost of his own points, if a person wants to press reputation button. There need not be perhaps a favour or dis-favour either, in the absence of mutual trust.

As suspected by Audioguru, if a person can add points to another person, some other person can act in reverse and out of shear mis-understanding or non- agreement, press a reduction even. So, I sincerely feel that if we can damage others, we should loose double or tripple the points that we aim against.

Objections can be reported to administrator /moderator.

Last edited:
This forum is turning into points collecting game. someone said something and is not agreed by someone else and he gets a red box. Some one helped other members and gets nothing. And someone got a green box for no apparen reason.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Oops I might get a red box.

Those green boxes actually mean something?

For the longest time I didn't know what those boxes were, I thought they were candies. And people with lots of knowledge and experience had lots of candy... In my twisted mind that actually made sense. :D

I need to get a hobby...

They are not points.
The green ones are lunch boxes full of food and the red boxes are empty.
I don't need any more food.

Every school kid and NOOB gives me a red box.
Big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back