Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

graphic display

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdurden

hi, does anybody know urls where i can find info or proyects using PICs to control a graphic display (320x240 o at any res)?
thanks

ok, i could only find a proyect where they use a pic to control a graphic display from nokia cellphones, but what im looking for is to control larger display like (320 x 240) as i said. if anybody posts this kind of info i would be very gratefull.
ok, bye

using only a pic would be very difficult, the amount of data that has to be sent to a LCD without a controller on it is imeanse, just flick through the data sheet for one of the LCDs your looking at and do the maths, even a 40Mhz PIC couldn't drive a 320*240 LCD alone.

Try using a controller like the SED1330/5/6. (i have some code that covers basic stuff, init/setup/command issuing, for the G2446 on **broken link removed** $25 its quite a bargin imo.

Once you have a controller you don't need to constantly refresh the LCD with information. So the pics (which are slow) can do simple animation and stuff.

If you realy don't want to use a controller like a 1330, then try looking at some of ARM's products, these RISCs are often upto 100mhz, and still low on battery power!

tylerdurden said:
ok, i could only find a proyect where they use a pic to control a graphic display from nokia cellphones, but what im looking for is to control larger display like (320 x 240) as i said. if anybody posts this kind of info i would be very gratefull.
ok, bye

Can you post the link? Thanks.

Here's a link to a pic graphic lcd project. It's only 240X64. The largest graphic lcd that I found using the built-in Toshiba T6963C controller is 240X128.

Well I'm not so sure about needing 100MHz RISC to drive the LCD...

I have a HMD (Xybernaut) and it uses Altera EPM 5032LC-25 to drive the 640x480 monochrome display. It receives RGB+H/Vsync and puts that out into the 1" microdisplay

What I'm trying to do myself is make something similar to drive a Kopin 320x240 monchrome microdisplay 0.7" in size.

This was posted in another thread here but in case others dont read, this is an awesome link:

**broken link removed**

Rickard talks about generating video signal using PIC (b/w) and SX (colour) controllers...just plain awesome stuff and there are links to more "good" readings related to the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back