Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

granada ex rental tv set ..crt type

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnieboy1

hi there...shot in the dark here I picked up this set for repair...really old must be 25 /30 years old...has c16 yk1 on the back ..granada ...looks like about 16 inch screen.......its dead.... line output transistor ok...no 115v feed to it...so im assuming the smps is not operating.....no fuses blown......any ideas anybody out there? the person wants it repaired for sentimental reasons... regards brian...

Granada Ltd was merged with Radio Rentals when they bought over the company. Granada used virtually every brand known to man and rebadged them. I would need some good photos of the TV and boards before I could even begin to identify it :)

thanks for the replies.Ive assertained thats its 70s vintage ITT CVC1100 chassis. seems granada have codes c16 is colour(c) 16 size of diagnal screen in cms...(y) appears to be year....(k)appears to be ITT ..(I saw 1100 stamped on the chassis)..I used to repair these things years ago ..esp the itt cvc 5 chassis....with the old pl509 output valve...so unless its the lopt I should be able to fix it. regards brian...

update on this fault...turned out to be d658 120v protection zener ...leaky.....the 115volt line wasnt high....once on load....still it lasted 42 years not to bad...regards brian...

update on this fault...turned out to be d658 120v protection zener ...leaky.....the 115volt line wasnt high....once on load....still it lasted 42 years not to bad...regards brian...

I don't think the CVC1100 is 42 years old (that's CVC5 country), considerably more 'modern' than that - although old enough that we've thrown all the manuals away :D

your probobly right....I tend to look at these sets as either pre or post remote control...I dont remember this chassis to be honest...so they either were reliable or not many around..the picture is pretty good, and not to bad to work on with voltages written at various points so you can get by without a circuit diagram up to a point..

your probobly right....I tend to look at these sets as either pre or post remote control...I dont remember this chassis to be honest...so they either were reliable or not many around..the picture is pretty good, and not to bad to work on with voltages written at various points so you can get by without a circuit diagram up to a point..

Does the CV1100 have a PIL tube?, I'm trying to place it?.

I remember the 1100 well. Blown fuse, D658 shorted, T713 leaky base to emitter. Was a pretty common scenario on them. I also seen one that popped the tube heaters as a result. There was a cap that used to go leaky too that pulled the line down to about 40-50V and caused supply hunting, but I can't remember now which one. I loved the old ITT sets, so easy to work on. My first experience with them was the CVC5 hybrid, then I don't think I seen another until the CVC32. They don't make em like they used to :D

to be honest the set has gone back.....the only marking on the crt ..was crt insurance expiry date march 85...The ITT CVC5 was a splendid set to work on the type where you could practice all your nearly learnt theories on, the best has to be the philips g8....what a great set to work on.......all you needed was a bag of bt 106s and 3.15 amp anti surge fuses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back