Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good topic for oral presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

funngun012

:D Hello, guys, I need a good topic for my 4 minutes oral presentation, anyone can give me some good ideas? Topic should relate with electronics, not very complicated, thank u for reading.......

In school I did a presentation on the automated highway project - basicly a project to make cars drive themselves on the freeway. The system works quite well - there's a test strech of road in San Diego, CA that the system was tested on. It was a fun topic to learn about and made for an interesting presentation.

but driving on the highway is fun.
Talk about GM's new line of motors with the "displacment on demand" technology. The motor is able to shut down cylinders when it doesnt need a ton of power. it uses an adjustable camshaft to vary the engine timing. It's controlled by the engine computer.
The 2006 Corvette will have this feature, it's a 7.0L V-8 motor with no less than 500 hp and a ton of torque too. It's supposed to be able to get 20 mpg. comparing that to your honda that gets 20-30 mpg with it's 1.8L 4 cyl.

It is electronics related, since the engine computer does all the work.

The cool thing about the Automated highway is that you can get 50 cars going 90 mi/h separated by only 6 inches. :)

bump the speed up to about 150 and I'd go for it :D

do a little something on e-bombs, microwave guns, etc. scare whoever you're giving the presentation to to death :twisted: , itll make em pay more attention and youull get a better grade :lol:

bmcculla said:
The cool thing about the Automated highway is that you can get 50 cars going 90 mi/h separated by only 6 inches. :)

what happens if someone has a blowout? or someones tires are low that throw there spedometer off just enough...

plot said:
what happens if someone has a blowout? or someones tires are low that throw there spedometer off just enough...

very good point plot :lol:

The cars are fitted with a forward radar to measure distance and a radio link to communicate to each other. So presumably the car would detect a blowout (tire pressure sensor) and notify the cars behind it to respond accordingly- all much faster than a human could. The distance measurement removes any error from the spedometer. The control loop is so tight that apparentlly it feels like the cars are attached.

But back the the presentation question:

A presentaion about rail gun and Coil gun theory would keep people interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back