Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good or bad Capacitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I'm repairing some samsung monitors that were surplus, known for bad caps. I've repaired a few but, my local supplier ran out of caps.

I found these Caps at Mouser, they are the correct size< I don't know if they are any better than the ones I'm replacing ?

Any suggestions, Thanks.

kv

Someone at Badcaps.net appears to be stocking them, so they might be ok???

**broken link removed**

Regards.

Without knowing what type of capacitors you are replacing, your question can't be answered.

By correct size do you mean physical, or capacitance and voltage?

You need to get the same capacitance value, same or higher voltage rating.
And get the 105 degree celcius instead of 85 degree C.
In SMPS they may have to be rated for a higher ripple voltage across the Cap.

Without knowing what type of capacitors you are replacing, your question can't be answered.

By correct size do you mean physical, or capacitance and voltage?

Ya, size I can get away with a 20mm over 12.5mm but, not any larger.

How about this Cap

Edit: I hope it's going to be ok, I just talked to Mouser and they credited the other caps and they're sending the one above.

Thanks, kv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back