Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good news for criminals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's crazy! a few years back a guy in the nearest small town was burgled, the police DID come out, but didn't rush themselves!. He suggested to the police that it was a guy down the street, a known drug user and thief, but they said they couldn't do anything as they hadn't seen him do it.

A couple of days later the guy who had been robbed saw the drug user loading HIS TV in the back of a car, so he pushed him to the floor and sat on him - and asked a passing old guy to call the police. The police station was only a couple of hundred yards away, but the police took 40 minutes to bother turning up.

Anyway, they took him away, and a couple of hours later he was seen back on the street - the police never told the guy who had been burgled, but apparently they weren't pressing charges!.

Happy ending though! - a couple of years later he obviously robbed the wrong people, and was found kicked to death at the side of the road! - but the people responsible did get caught and jailed.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Happy ending though! - a couple of years later he obviously robbed the wrong people, and was found kicked to death at the side of the road! - but the people responsible did get caught and jailed.

I share youre sense of outrage but can't see this as a happy ending at all. frontier justice happens but this is why there needs to be rule of law in a civil society.

It seems that the UK has caught the same disease that was prevalent in the US 30 years ago. This spawned the "3 strikes" movement here - 3 felony offenses and you go to jail for life. I'm sure the pendulum will swing the other way in the UK and "Billy the [repeat] offender" will get due justice. I hate that we have bulging prisons but it doesn't bother me that the cronic offenders go away forever.

I parked my car in London a couple of years ago - I'd never been to London before - and when I came back it had been completely trashed. They bent the door open and stole everything they could lay their theiving little hands on inside. I called the police, and they gave me a crime number over the phone. I asked them when did they expect to get out because I would stay in and wait for them, and they seemed quite shocked and stunned that I was expecting them to do anything other than give me a crime number!!! I said, don't you need to come out and see the vehicle? Take fingerprints? Knock neighbour's doors? Visit known car theives in the area?

Alas no, all they were willing to do was give me a crime number for insurance purposes and hang up the phone. And to add to my misery that day, I was a young driver and everybody knows you daren't claim on your insurance as a young driver. So I bent the door back in as best I could, and drove back to Wales vowing NEVER to take my car into London again. I think it's fair to say that if I ever take the law into my own hands and dish out my own punishment to a thief, it'll be me who gets prosecuted. Mad world.

Brian

It seems like there are more laws protecting the criminal's rights, then for the victims. It's pretty sick when these people get off on some minor paper mistake (search warrant wasn't signed, key witness isn't notified in time for the trial, ect...). If there is significant proof that the individual commited the crime, they should be locked up. Plea deals are abused as well. And prison... cable TV, stereos, weight machines (full gym)... They should be working, not working out. If the prison were 60-70% self-sufficient, I think most of these criminals would learn many useful skill. They should grow most of they're own food (better they do it, the better they eat). Make and maintain their own clothing and bedding, gets cold in the winter. They can even build and maintain their own buildings. Escape? Shoot them. If they know the rules, and decide to run, doesn't sound like somebody that needs to be running around the neighborhood. Prison should be hard and scary, not resort living. Let them beat each other up and sodomize one another. Should put up pay-per-view web cams. Your kids getting a little out of control, make them sit and watch what they can look forward to.

Most victims stay pissed off for years, many stay scared and paranoid the rest of their lives, is that justice? Sure, go easy on the first time offenders, but after that it should hard punishment after that. Career criminals shouldn't exist.

I use to walk my dog twice a day, before he died. I use to see some ****, and wonder how this could be going on everyday. I've seen drug dealers busted, and back on the street corner two weeks later. I've talked to the police, point out the main guys, the the ones that hang out on each streetcorner with the cell phones, and what days and times they are most active. Months later, it's still business as usually. Its a small town, been almost a year since the dog died, and still have people asking me how he's doing. All the police officers knew about me and my dog (very large and always off the leash), never a ticket for that. But you'd figure they could trust what I was telling them about the drugs and stuff.

It's kind of sad you can get 10 years just for pirating a film, that's longer than some kidie fiddlers get!

Yeah, I don't understand how sex offenders get so light a sentence, or how they get out and do the same exact thing. It should be a capital offense like murder.
I can see if a movie pirate is making money off his theft, but just for personal use... How much harm could that do? Plenty of people want to see the new releases on the big screen. Bad movies will always get you some action with your new girl friend in the theater...

HarveyH42 said:
Bad movies will always get you some action with your new girl friend in the theater...
Ladies, now you know one of the tricks that a Harvey H from Florida uses.

If you catch criminals in the act
1. Be sure you kill them all,
2. Be very careful in destroying the bodies, a good knowledge of chemistry helps,
3 don't talk to the police
4 Maintain a continuous rolling alibi club with a dozen like-minded people.
5 It is a good idea to have a change of clothes handy, exactly the same as those you are wearing, just in case you get any on you.
And if YOU get caught, well, it'll probably only be a caution for a first offence.

Last edited:
spuffock said:
If you catch criminals in the act
1. Be sure you kill them all,

'Killing' isn't always required?, sufficient pain and crippling damge is often enough!.

2. Be very careful in destroying the bodies, a good knowledge of chemistry helps,

Plenty of places to hide bodies in the countryside :D

3 don't talk to the police

Very true, and we actually teach this in our martial arts and self defence classes!.

4 Maintain a continuous rolling alibi club with a dozen like-minded people.

We maintain a 24 hour black belt meeting to discuss club business, just in case :D

5 It is a good idea to have a change of clothes handy, exactly the same as those you are wearing, just in case you get any on you.

Perhaps a bit over the top now?.

It's all well over the top and then some. But sometimes I wonder. Some months ago, a bulk lager container came running down our street and gave our rubbish bag a hell of a kick, presumably for the fun of seeing rubbish fly down the street. Unfortunately he was wearing trainers, and I had that day thrown out an old mains transformer. I am still waiting to be banged up for years on a charge of GBH.
In reply to your comment about not killing. Unfortunately, by the insane rules, it IS required. It stops them blabbing to the police. You can get banged up for thirty years for smacking them one, but murder only gets you a caution for a first offence!

Last edited:
Well when I'm away from home I've told my wife if an intruder comes in the house univited get out the .22 and point it at him. I also said if he still threatens then shoot him in the head then fire a shot in the ceiling. So when the cop's come around she can say she shot a warning shot first but the intruder still came at her and this would be legal as it's been done before and the person behind the gun got off scott free.

Sometimes creul justice needs to be done just to defend your life and home. I just hope this never has to happen

bryan1 said:
Well when I'm away from home I've told my wife if an intruder comes in the house univited get out the .22 and point it at him. I also said if he still threatens then shoot him in the head then fire a shot in the ceiling. So when the cop's come around she can say she shot a warning shot first but the intruder still came at her and this would be legal as it's been done before and the person behind the gun got off scott free.

Sometimes creul justice needs to be done just to defend your life and home. I just hope this never has to happen
but the forensic lab will show who's bullet went up ;)

Arctic Fox said:
I use to try to be a good citizen and would call the Полиция when there is trouble...

Not any more.

Yes "policija" cant help victims in these modern times...:(

akg said:
but the forensic lab will show who's bullet went up ;)
I think you missed the point. Both bullets come from the same gun. The sequence is what is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back