Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gold Medal Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Anyone watching the US vs Can game. Oh man! what a game. Team Can 2 and US down by 1. In the final minute of the game it appears over, but in the last 24 seconds of the game team USA scores. Oh man, just like a Hollywood scene. Very cool moment for us yanks :)

Now the game is in sudden death, whoever wins, it has been a great game and both teams are winners in my book. Good luck Canada :)

Thought Canada ruled Hockey (except where Al Gore is concerned :) ). Just being close is awesome. Sorry to miss it, don't have cable. Maybe catch the highlights on the news.

In overtime, Game final Can 3 and the gold , USA 2 for the Silver. It was a great game.

In overtime, Game final Can 3 and the gold , USA 2 for the Silver. It was a great game.

It was the best game ever. It was well played by both worthy teams and no goons or fights. It was the type of game where both sides were equally matched.

The revelers downtown finally wound down their celebration in the streets as the sun came up today, just as the street sweepers started cleaning up. They should make a movie about this event. Imagine, tens of thousands celebrating with no reported violence of any kind. The heavy police presence was there just in case anyone like those organised anarchist thugs dressed in black came back. Police were playing street hockey with revelers.

An estimated 39,000 interational olympics visitors will leave town through the Vancouver airport today. We'll see how it goes. Just about everything else about these olympics has been given rave reviews except for the luge crash at 90mph. I wish the Georgian hadn't met with sudden tragedy. In hindsite, the track should have been forseen as an extremely lethal safety hazard. If they had installed a polycarbonate shield, it would have kept the sledder and his head away from the vertical steel posts.

Last edited:
I'd like to see that happen with a Soccer Game or even Football in some cases.

Freaking Fanatics.

It truly was a great game. And I would like to second the opinion that both teams played like champions and kept it from turning into a goon brawl. Given the level of emotion both teams brought, that in itself says a lot about their professionalism and love of the sport.

Even I, who was rooting thoroughly for Canada, was saddened by the looks on Miller & Co's faces--but either way, someone was going to be wearing those expressions; it's the nature of competition. The Canuck crew earned the gold, but for my money, so did the Yanks. Could have gone either way.

Thanks to them all for a great showdown!

Torben

So then, what in your opinions is more important? The total amount of gold medals won by a nation or the overall medal count for a nation?

So then, what in your opinions is more important? The total amount of gold medals won by a nation or the overall medal count for a nation?

Neither is all that important to me personally, but if pressed I would say it's the medal count weighted across the gold, silver, and bronze, and compared against the realistic participant base and relative wealth of the country in question. In other words I'd consider a pair of golds from a nation such as Haiti to be more impressive, say, than the entire medal haul of the USA or China, simply because it's so much less likely that such a nation would be able to find, fund, and develop the calibre of athlete required.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back