Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting pcbs made.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
tulit said:
We just placed an order for some fairly complex 4mil/6 layer boards with pcbcart.

They should be here in about 2 weeks, so I will post my experience as well. Their prices were significantly better than anyone else contacted, so we'll see how they work out...

Definitely keep us posted!

I guess there must be money in that approach (captive software). Their prices don't look that good. In general, I dislike the customer lock-in that this approach implies.

EMachine shop is good for getting a lot of the same mechanical parts made. I'm electrical and don't really want to have to learn some CAD software and find a fabrication company to work with..but that's not PCBs.

kwik said:
Just found another interesting place ;

**broken link removed**

I found a link to this place here ,which is a pretty amazing place ,too ;

https://www.emachineshop.com/

Isnt internet wonderful !
Yes it is.
i like emachineshop software !
been using it for bout a year
its is very intuitive software , right click gets you almost everything you need

phalanx said:
Definitely keep us posted!

As promised, we got our boards back from them this week. I have to say, very impressed with the quality. They weren't the fastest (although we got them exactly the day they said we would), but for the price, I'm very happy!

We have one of them almost populated as well and everything appears to work (so as far as I know, no major manufacturing defects yet).

Attachments

• imx212.jpg
    imx212.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 158
Thanks for following up on your order. The next time I have an order larger than a few prototypes, I'll definitely give them a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back