Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting AD9850 to take initial setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself, my AD9850 controller is working but for a couple of issues. I think if I crack this one I might get the solution to the other one.
So, you enter the desired frequency, and press enter, which calculates the tuning word and writes it out to the DDS. The chip is set to startup in serial mode as per the datasheet.
But...
When the program starts, it sets a default frequency for the chip, and runs the "enter" routine as though the key had been pressed... but nothing happens... until the physical enter key is pressed.
Here's the relevant bit of code:
(NB, "GO_" prefixes routines that have jumps at the top of their page)
Code:
START
    call CLR_BCD ; clear the BCD
    bsf BCD+1,2 ; start with value of 400

; SET UP DISPLAY, TIMER AND PORTS IN HERE - DELETED FOR CLARITY
    call GO_DISPLAY ; set up and display the default value

bcf W_CLK ; AD9850 control pins
    bcf D7
    bcf FQ_UP
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; DEBUG
    movlw 1
    pscall FLASHY
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; END DEBUG
    pscall GO_ENTER ; function is normally run by pressing the enter key

I think I need to add some extra actions before calling GO_ENTER - I've tried resetting the chip, setting and clearing FQ_UP and probably other things I've forgotten. So now I'm stumped.

Suggestions? Please?

TIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back