Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting over an obstacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

giv_er

I'd like to throw this question out there for some opinions:

I'm building a robot, (actually, it's the ASME's "Mine Madness" competition, about 15"x15"x15" that will run on a set of treads. this robot has to be able to get over a barrier 7" high x 3.5" wide... I'm planning on having the treads running on an angle at the front, similar to a tank, so that when it hits the barrier, they will ride over it. i'm planning on the robot weighing no more than 20lbs. does anyone know if the treads would be a good idea - i.e. will they have enough grip to pull the robot forward over the barrier, or would they just skid?

thanks for any input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back