Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

eceone

Hi,

I am trying to get an input triangular wave form of an adjustable amplitude. The maximum peak should not exceed 5 volts but the waveform will be adjustable. I also want to get a trigger input that monitors this input triangular waveform.

The trigger pulse will be high at the peak of the triangular waveform.

Any idea or suggestions as to how I can approach this problem is much appreciated.

Thanks.

How linear does the triangle need to be? How symetrical? If not much, how about a 555. It provides the trigger pulse automatically.

Last edited:
The triangle has to be pretty linear and symmetrical. I know that the 555 is only good for square waves but I was wondering about the 8038. Can it still generate a good adjustable amplitude and frequency triangle wave with a trigger monitor.

thanks for your help.

Here is a variation of an old circuit. One Rail-to-rail Opamp is used as a comparitor, and the other is used as an integrator. The ∫ of a square wave is a triangle wave.

Attachments

• Triangle.jpg
    Triangle.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 277
thanks. that helps a lot. I've been trying to figure out how to get the square wave to convert to a triangle wave. I messed up on the RC integrator.

thanks a billion.

hi,

i'm sorry to bother you but what rail to rail cmos did u use for your design. I'm having trouble locating one that will provide the right voltage as I want to be able to generate a waveform anywhere from 0 to 5 volts. Thanks.

The one I used in the LTSpice sim is their "parameterized" opamp. Look at the Texas Instruments Web site (TI.com). Look under the TLVxxxx series of CMOS OpAmps. They have many RR which work at 6V or less. Look for one that has a GBW of at least 1MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back