Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating tone (sinewave) of different amplitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzme

Hi all,
I would like your advice on something. Im currently in my final year and im looking for a software to generate a pure sine wave tone of single frequency. I'm looking for a sofware that enables me to set the amplitude of the sine wave. eg 5V, 4V..etc. Thanks

Most audio (wave) edit programs offer that feature.
Search for wave editor.
Goldwave, etc. I use CoolEdit v1.2.

Most audio (wave) edit programs offer that feature.
Search for wave editor.
Goldwave, etc. I use CoolEdit v1.2.

Im currently use the NCH tone generator. However when i observe it from the oscilloscope, im not seeing a 200mV peak-to-peak. Can the CoolEdit v1.2 produce a 5V peak-to-peak signal? Thanks! :)

A simple power amp attached to a sound card output just about any sine wave you want, but no DC offset, sound cards outputs are nigh universally capacitor decoupled.

A simple power amp attached to a sound card output just about any sine wave you want, but no DC offset, sound cards outputs are nigh universally capacitor decoupled.

Do u mean i need to add a power amplifier to the sound card? Im currently observing the output via the bluetooth headset from my mobile phone not via the sound card

The sound card will only directly output about 2V peek to peek directly, and VERY little power. You need an amplifier to get more than that, a decent set of PC speaker amplifiers would do.

The sound card will only directly output about 2V peek to peek directly, and VERY little power. You need an amplifier to get more than that, a decent set of PC speaker amplifiers would do.

But im not observing the output from my soundcard. First, the tune is sent to my mobile phone and when the tone is played from my mobile phone the output is observed via the bluetooth headset

So you want the bluetooth headset to output 5V's is THAT what you're asking?

The output of a bluetooth headset is probably at most puting out a couple of volts. You'd need to amplifier it from the bluetooth headset. What is the point of all this?

The output of a bluetooth headset is probably at most puting out a couple of volts. You'd need to amplifier it from the bluetooth headset. What is the point of all this?

Im currently doing a project for my final year :). I see. Thanks for the advice. So i need an amplifier at the output of the headset right?

Yes, any speaker amplifier capable of 2-5 watts of output power should do depending on what you're trying to drive with it.

But what are you driving! 5V's doesn't mean much if you need 5 amps of current too =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back