Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gear motor advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be designing a new thermostat to include the motor driver. i have a 12v 6amp transformer on board. I am using 100ma for the thermo, 100ma for the lighting (leds) and i would like to tap the motor supply in as well.

A resistor is going to get hot. The motor sound like it was intended to run on 12v. PWM is your best choice, not really that bad. You would also keep the motor's torque, won't have much power with a resistor. Would also help if you gave some info on the application. Is it a single speed/direction, or variable speed, reversing?

Hi,

you might use a pot connected directly to the motor, but it has to be a wire wound type to dissipate enough power not to burn up.

Using an N-channel-Fet transistor any pot suffices to vary the motor voltage.

Here is a super simple circuit to change motor voltage/rpm.

Boncuk

Attachments

• MOTOR.gif
    MOTOR.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 191
I agree some points in that statement. It is actually a number of different thermostats that control the overall temperature. When the dryer's heat gets too high, it has one thermostat that breaks the circuit and allows it to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back