Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas R/C Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a Ram Jet engine, isn't it?
Like the buzzy ones the Germans flew over England during the 2nd world war?
Get modern and use a real model Jet Turbine engine. I saw one propelling a model plane and its performance was awesome! :lol:

audioguru said:
That's a Ram Jet engine, isn't it?
Like the buzzy ones the Germans flew over England during the 2nd world war?

They were 'pulse jets', the intermittent pulses from them gave them the name "buzz bombs".

On the TV programme "Scrapheap Challenge" ("Junkyard Wars" in the USA) they had to built jet power vehicles - one team built a pulse jet, basically a bent piece of pipe with an expansion chamber in it? - so crude it's not real!.

pike said:
Nigel Goodwin said:
As for special price fuel, we have it in the UK as well, it's called "red diesel"

Why is it illegal to use in a road vehicle??, pollution??

No, Red Diesel has either no tax on it, or very low tax - so you are defrauding the tax man by using it for other than it's authorised purposes. It's considered a SERIOUS offence!.

The diesel itself is just the same, but with a red dye added, there have been recent criminal prosecutions for people removing the dye and selling cheap 'white' diesel.

i_build_stuff said:
Gas must be pretty expensive where you guys live if you're worried about filling up an R/C car :shock:

As you don't have your location filled in it's impossible to guess what you might pay?, but I'm currently paying 0.899 GBP per litre for unleaded petrol, diesel is slightly MORE expensive. Red diesel is probably only 0.200 GBP per litre or so - fuel in the UK is VERY!! highly taxed, and even worse we have to pay tax on the tax we pay!. The goverment added VAT to fuel a number of years ago, which means we pay 17.5% extra tax, not just on the actual fuel price, but on the tax on the fuel as well!.

i_build_stuff said:
So, if 1 GBP => 1.815 USD, then your gas is about $6.50 USD / gallon.

I hope all your taxes aren't like that...

EVERYTHING! is far more expensive over here, beer is generally more than 2 GBP per pint, and some types nearer 3 GBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back