Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage Door Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestrow

Hi
Im looking for info on building a Remote Sliding Garage Door Opener, I have an ordinary to open the door motor but i need to build a circuit that tells it to open (Ultra Sonic) when to stop opening & closing

Please email if u have ne sugesstions it would be greatly appreciated
moooo84@webmail.co.za

Hello
depends on what ya got in your grab bag
I fing limit switches do the best..although you could get fancy and use optical sensors placed strategically in the track.Let me know

i opened up a garage door opener motor casing and found that the way it stops at a certain time is done by gears that slide a piece of metal towards another piece of metal and upon contanct it sneds a signal to a relay switch and stops the circuit also telling it the next signal to go the opposite direction. so when it does go the opposite direction it slides that piece of metal the other way towards another contact and does the same thing as before. the distances of these contacts can be adjusted to your need.

Maestrow said:
Hi
Im looking for info on building a Remote Sliding Garage Door Opener, I have an ordinary to open the door motor but i need to build a circuit that tells it to open (Ultra Sonic) when to stop opening & closing

Please email if u have ne sugesstions it would be greatly appreciated
luvbumblebee@indiatimes.com :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back