Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

garage door opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryden_burton

I need a circuit that uses garage door opener IR sensors to turn a relay on when the beam is broken. can anyone give me a schematic. thanks.

dryden_burton said:
I need a circuit that uses garage door opener IR sensors to turn a relay on when the beam is broken. can anyone give me a schematic. thanks.

I think it would be much simpler to buy a "Genie Garage Door Opener Photocell Safety Sensors" on ebay for about $25.

dryden_burton said:
I have sensors i just need a circuit to run them

Have you established that your sensors work at the distance (10 - 12') without optics? If you got a circuit how would you know if would it work with your sensors? There are lots of information on IR remote control devices, think TV.
IMHO if you cant design such a simple circuit, how are you going to troubleshoot it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back